Friday, September 10, 2010

Chocolate Festival and a Discount



One of my favorite events is set for this weekend: The 15th annual Ghirardelli Square Chocolate Festival will take place from 12-5 p.m. Sept. 11 and 12. Tickets include 15 tastings from dozens of vendors. Last year, attendees also were able receive freebies such as wine openers from Cost Plus World Market.

My fellow chocolate aficionado and I like to bring a big purse or extra bag to the festival and collect chocolates to bring home on the chance that we get full by the end of the day.

Some of my favorite items from last year were the chocolate martini tastings (I had 2), Ghirardelli hot fudge sundaes and chocolate tea. Some non-chocolate items were available; only a cup of mango ice cream was able to lure me away from all the chocolate.

Cooking demonstrations, tea pairings (extra charge) and, my favorite, ice cream eating contests are scheduled for this year's festival.

Double D Alert: Tickets cost $20, but today I was able to book my ticket using the goodytwos discount code for 10% OFF ($2 discount).

Tips for receiving deeper discounts for next year's tickets:
  • Join LivingSocial.com's mailing list. It's like Groupon where users receive daily deals on gift certificates for area services, restaurants, etc. A few days ago, it had a deal for 50% OFF tickets.
  • Follow Ghirardelli Square on Twitter (user name: GhirardelliSQ). For a few days last month, it offered $5 discounts to mark the one-month countdown to the festival.
For more information about the festival, including a list of vendors, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment